i am finly 36 weeks how can i tell if my water brakes?

water

MarissaNeece

Asked by MarissaNeece at 11:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well if it fully breaks then you will have a gush of water that feels like a balloon broke inside of you. If it just leaks then you will feel as if you keep peeing yourself.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Not all women's water breaks in a huge gush though, some really do just trinkle. Even if it starts trickling, you'll know. It will be more than discharge and it you have contractions with it, then you'll definately know!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You won't be to stop it from flowing out, no matter how much you try (believe me, I tried for nine hours before finally getting an epidural so I could relax!). It also will be odorless, but you may have some different colors (mine was mostly yellow, and had some red in it--that freaked me out, but apparently it was no big deal).

One thing you may want to start doing: sleep on a towel or, better yet, a waterproof pad of some kind. While it's highly unlikely that you'll need it, it can be a lifesaver if you do! Having one bought my husband enough time to get some towels without it getting all over our sheets. Now I use them anytime Baby lays in bed with me (whenever you're not prepared, your baby will spit up--trust me!).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2008