How soon can a person get a ultra sound?

I had my period last month but it was short...this month i took some test and they all say + im really happy but scared to death all at the same time. My body is kinda feeling like im going to start my period..cramping up and i feel kinda sick. Is this normal? Im going to call my doctor in the morning...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• could be a miscarrriage .. they giec the early to determine due date
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• what is giec?
    Anonymous

• as far as the question about the ultrasound..i just went to the doctor yesterday and they just confirmed my pregnancy with a urine test but said theres really nothing else they want to do just yet...i got a referral to the ob/gyn so i will go in dec. the ob/gyn office said that they dont really bring u in before 7 weeks beecause they can't see much on the ultrasound. so i'd say between 7-8 weeks would be a good time to get your first appointment. that's what i'm doing
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• give
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Ultrasounds can be done at anytime, pregnant or not...but they usually wait awhile to do them so they can actually see something! My first was at ten weeks.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I got one when I was 5 weeks along.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i had one as soon as they did my test...couldn't get a accuret heartbeat yeah twins
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• the gyno wants to see you when your 7 wks at least, but i went to the hospital because of pains in my butt, and they did a pelvic ultrasound, and i was 4-5 wks then.looks like a peanut
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• ugh I had the worst cramps of my life aside from contractions for the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy, BUT I have a beautiful little boy so dont worry too much. They can do ultrasounds at anytime but if you are preggo they wont see much this early but it may be something else. Call your doctor anyways hun besides who can say no to a sneak peak! Its fun to compare the growth from each ultrasound. I look at my first pic at 6 weeks preggo and I cant believe that little dot is my now 9 and half pound baby
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i got my first ultrasound at 6 weeks all u could see was a little thing in my tummy lol but idk how early they do it
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2008