Anyone have recommendations on good, WARM winter jackets for toddlers?

I seem to keep finding the same jackets from store to store and none of them seem warm. I'm also trying to avoid bulking (like "puffer" jackets) because they are a hassle buckeling up in car seats. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Shopping

• I saw the cutest coat thingy at walmart the outside is knit from a really heavy yarn an dthe inside is lined with the softest fleece yuo can imagine I wanted one in my size. Not sure how big they go or how big you need but check it out. I didnt see it online but it might be in your local store goodluck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Walmart has 3 in 1 jackets. You can keep the warm fleece inner on the kiddo in the car seat, but outside of the car, put the outer shell on for extra warmth and waterproofness. Thank you for being safe and smart about not putting your kid in a super poofy coat in the car seat. It could save their lives.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• go with quality instead of lots of fluff filling. lands end or llbean has wonderful warm coats for kids that don't make them look like the stay puff marshmallow man. i passed a columbia coat from my son at a size 2 to almost 6 other kids they last forever, and finally gave it to good will yesterday.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well 1st of all in January or February when they are all ON 50% off sale I go buy one for the next year. usually I pay about $10 at sears for a coat that coasts about $50.

Second I got my son one that has fleece on the inside and that wind breaker shell but It's not very thick (from JcPenny) however if you toss a sweatshirt under it and he wears long sleeves in the winter anyway it's plenty warm enough. I like his coat and it's not to puffy for the seat belt. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 4:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I saw a little girl today in an awesome jacket - it wasn't super puffy - her Mom said she got it at Costco. It was one of those "3 in 1" jackets... If you wear it as it comes its heavy enough for snow, sking, playing in cold harsh winter. The inner layer works as its own "light weight" jacket for chilly but not bitter cold days.. and the outer layer ALSO works as another jacket thats weatherproof, like a wind-breaker. I found one like this for my son, but didn't see one for my 2 year old.. I may have to check Costco! :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You can also get the 3 in 1 jackets at Walmart. I know they had them last year. I have 3 different jackets for each child depending on the weather, where were going etc. My grandson just got a really cute courdoroy jacket with the sheep looking batting inside. It isnt over bulky and he looks adorable. I have a hoody kinda like that for my dd.

Answer by gemgem at 6:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you would like to get something of good quality, go to Landsend.com
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 11:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i would suggest lands end too! they have a sale going now
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• A Carhart!
    Carharts are warm, they last FOREVER, especially through the abuse of a child.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008