My boyfriend and I are becoming more serious. I really care about him and my children really like him too. The only issue I have is that he still has "family time" with not just his children but with their mother as well. Am I wrong to request that he exclude her from family outings with his children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes. you're wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• y?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No you are not wrong like the Anonymous person above me writes. You don't like it and I woudn't either . This is the time whe you set it all straight tell your boyfriend you don't like it and that you rather have family time with just the kids and him. If he cares about your feelings he will compromise that if he doesn't then if wasn't mean to be and chances are you will live a life with him full of issues with ex wife. Are you okay with this been part of your life? Do you see y ourself dealing with this everyweekend? This is a turning point you either accept it or move on with your life.
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 1:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• as a parent i think its good that him and the mother get along. its best for the kids so if that means they hang out with the kids then they hang out. what makes u want to request this of him?
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• yes u are wrong.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:51 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No you are not wrong, i wouldnt allow it.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oh& i just asked hubby& he said it's messed up if you are not included.You have every right to request that.Gl.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I want to request it from him because it makes me feel uncomfortable. I have a friendly relation ship with my ex but see no reason to confuse my children with family outings together. My boyfriend has partial custody of his children and has them more than she does, so i dont see why they should be hanging out like a family if they are divorced. Shouldn't him and I and our children be building a future together? how can we if he's still doing that with her?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• have you talked to him about this?
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 1:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• For the people who THINK is okay to have family time with your kids and your EX

ARE YOU SERIOUS! THIS CONFUSES CHILDREN YOU EITHER TOGETHER OR YOU ARE NOT!

COME ON PEOPLE
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 1:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2011