I am having a c section in May and want to have what i need in my hospital bag, they make you stay 2-3 days at my hospital, any ideas on what to pack for that longer stay.

CEGrissim

Asked by CEGrissim at 1:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a c-section 3 years ago..Most hospitals provide the important stuff, but something I've read (I'm having one in april): birth plan, 2-3 changes of clothes, 2 maternity bras (even before your milk comes in, you'll have colostrum and can nurse) nursing pads (put them in before your milk comes in so you don't leak all over stuff..I've been through that before) lip balm, tooth brush, paste, deoderant, shampoo and conditioner, lotion, saltine crackers, cell phone and charger, batteries and camera, extra card too if you have one, sanitary napkins (one site recommended depends, and from my previous experience I can see where that would be a good idea..you tend to start bleeding fairly heavily soon after your c-section.) books, magazine, computer, cards, whatever for entertainment you want. Prenatal vitamins. A list of people for SO to call, or for you to call, after baby is born. Hair elastics. That's everything on my list.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Desinfectant (work in a hospital before it will be never be clean enought) for your bed rails and toilet tables
    chapstick
    ipod
    book/magazines
    socks
    flipflops /sandals/ don't bring slippers!
    deodorant
    breath mints
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 1:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Take your own heavy, overnight femanine pads. The ones the hospital have are not so great. WIth the c section I had, I had alot of fluids to keep me hydrated, I had to have bigger houseshoes than I normally wear. I wish I wouldve had one of those eyemasks that you sleep in.. The hurses come in at all hours of the night checking things flipping lights on. Srubs/pajama pants that have no hardware in them so you can have some pants on instead of just a hospital gown. And extra betteries for the camera :)
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Also... if you haven't gotten a Boppy- get one! They are life savers post c-section for holding your baby with minimal pain.
    Christiansmom44

Answer by Christiansmom44 at 2:26 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Panties, pads, socks, and hygiene stuff. If you're not heavily medicated from having a c-section you're gonna be caring for your newborn. All the other stuff will be unnecessary.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have had 4 c-sections, and all I ever wanted to do when I wasn't trying to feed the baby was sleep! lol I found a boppy helpful, since it takes the pressure off your incision, chapstick, bedroom slippers or nonskid socks(they always gave me some), and a ROBE!!! for whenn you are walking the halls trying to get better. Good luck! Everything will be just fine, and you'll be holding your beautiful new baby before you know it :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oh, and don't forget your nursing bras if you're nursing!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2011