Who has Boston Terriers?

Does your terrier have skin allergies? If so what have you done about it? Mine have terrible skin allergies. I have special shampoo and spray for her from the vet but it doesn't help much.

pinkink

Asked by pinkink at 11:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pets

• I had 2 boston terr. awhile ago. Mine died as they were very old. But when I did have them they had to be on a non -comercial dog food, ie...Sience diet,noveena, etc.They were allergic to the dog food. I finaly found out when they had no fleas and we had them tested for grass allergies. The best place to try for a new food is petco,petsmart or a doggy bakery, they carry dry food and wet that has no dyes,corn,or any artifical perservs in them. There are high quality foods for dogs out there. You may want to try some.I also add omega 3 (fish oil) to thier food and it made all the differance in there coats. The shedding was less also.Ck out the internet under dog foods.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 3:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• my grandparents had boston terriers for many years. there last one died a couple months ago, he had horrible skin allergies. he had to be on a steriod (prednisone). your vet can actually refer you to a veterinary dermatologist, that's what my grandparents did.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My friend has a couple of them and her baby is allergic to grass and has to take allergy pills for it. She also has a tear duct (I hear it's not uncommon in them). They're such beautiful, smart dogs. I love hers. Her name fits her well, it's "Sunshine" and she is just that, one big ray of sunshine when she's around. :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:36 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Ty all for the great advice!
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 1:10 AM on Nov. 25, 2008