Since having our son mine and my boyfriends relationship has been really strained! we fight over almost everything. him helping more, sex, money, he says some really mean things when hes angery and it just makes our relationship feel less and less of one what should i do? adult content

mama106

Asked by mama106 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• You should begin a kind and honest dialogue with him about how to pull together as a team for the family. Ask him about his feelings on things, let him vent a little without becoming judgemental and let him know that while you understand that he's stressed, saying mean things is not acceptable to you because you two are in this together. Work on a schedule together on division of labor and child responsibilities and stick to it. Be sure and praise him for jobs well done and be encouraging. You can do this, it's hard when you have a new kid in the mix, but if you work together, it can be done with less stress.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• GIRL I WOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT BECAUSE U HAVE A CHILD TO TAKE CARE OF AND PLUS A MAN IS LIKE A DOG IF U DON'T LEARN HOW TO DO NEW TRIX THAN HE WILL WONDER OFF TO ANOTHER HOUSE BUT U HAVE TO BE STRONG AND LET HIM KNOW WHAT IT IS IF HE HELP AROUND THE HOUSE THAN MAYBE LIFE WILL BE A LITTLE BETTER FOR BOTH OF U . I AM GOING THROUGH IT MYSELF I JUST DON'T CARE BECAUSE I HAVE BETTER THINGS I HAVE TO DO THAN FUSS WITH HIM I GO TELL MY KIDS FATHER TO GO SHAKE THE DEVIL OFF HE DON'T LIKE THAT
    whatever308

Answer by whatever308 at 8:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Sometimes the everyday stress can just take a toll, add a baby to the mix and this can be overwhelming for some. I say if you want to save this relationship talk to each other open communication is always best. Express your feelings, and allow him to express his. Try and come up with a plan where the two of you work together instead of against one another. Try and take time for each other and just try and relax and enjoy. Hopefully working together will slowly relieve some of the stress each other has each day. Plan and set goals for each day. If all else fails, seek counseling. It takes 2 to make a relationship work, so as long as both of you are commited this will work. The key word being it takes 2 so if he is not willing to help then only time will tell where your relationship will be. I hope things will work out.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You should talk to him about it. Tell him you will not continue like this, I would.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2011