Sex with Ex

So. Recently divorced....and still all my ex wants is sex. This is one of the reasons for the divorce. I still want a good relationship with him, so how do I handle this?

myheartflys

Asked by myheartflys at 1:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Just say no! Honestly else than that I don't know what to tell you...
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• when me and my first dh divorced we were having sex just because 1. we were sexually capable 2. we both knew there would be no dissapointments 3. if I got pregnant, well we already had 3 kids 4. I figured is was "safe" meaning no STD'S
    our divorce was so "nice" that I drove him to the hearing and we went out to lunch after...we went to my place for some sex and well during that time he called out another woman's name and he was headed to the door at the same time as he was jumping into his pants, he knew I was pissed and he felt bad ...I think deep down there was always something there between us it is just that when I left him I demanded he pick the kids or the drugs and he said he couldn't give up the drugs....so anyways the point is you can screw the ex but in the end you'll end up hurt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Well spoken. My ex and I had an amicable divorce, also drug-related and to this day, he still can't stop. We continued to have sex until quite recently, when I realized I just couldn't stand it anymore. I am not in love with him, and haven't been in a few years, but it was convenient and "safe" too. There's just something in the familiarity of someone I'd been with for so many years... Anyway, he's a loser druggie and my boys deserve better than him. I owed it to them and myself to stop it. I moved across the country to be closer to my family and filed for child support. End of story. Not worth it.
    Christiansmom44

Answer by Christiansmom44 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• A relationship involves much more than sex as you have already found out since you divorced him. Having sex with him "just because" doesn't make any sense. You need to move on. If he wants to have a good relationship as you do, he will understand and stop "asking" for sex. He will work on respect, encouragement, mutual trust, and sharing responsibilities (especially if children are involved) with you to keep things amicable and heading into a good relationship with each other, not just one-sided.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• you have the right to say no, I'd just stay away from his as much as possible.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would simply tell him that I'm not having a sexual relationship with him any longer now that we're divorced so stop trying.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2011