Freecycle

Do you use freecycle.org? And do you ever expect something you're getting to be in good condition even though it's free? I've never gotten anything off freecycle but alot of people asking for stuff are making it clear that they want the thing they want in good condition. Understandably. Who wants a piece of junk right? But do you think it is necessary when it is free?

Just asking.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Shopping

• I expect anything that I get off of Freecycle to be in good, usable condition, if it's not, it probably belongs in the trash.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It rubs me the wrong way when people are so obviously cheap and want something substantial for nothing. I think that it's great when people OFFER things that are very, very nice and are a big-ticket item, but it rubs me the way wrong way when there are so many REQUESTS for very nice items. When I lived in California those kinds of requests were not allowed (not to be so specific and demanding) because it was sort of in defeat of the purpose of freecycle. Here in the dirty South...not so much. I actually don't even read most of my freecycle posts because they are almost entirely full of people requesting very specific nice items. I even stopped posting to it because I had soooo many no-shows when I was going out of my way to meet people somewhere (so I didn't have weirdos coming to my home).
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I use freecycle all the time sometimes to find something we are in need of and sometimes things we are giving away. It is usually for boots, or clothing for my boys because they grow so fast. Then I offer things they have outgrown and such and have even offered household items that I haven't used, but my items are usually gently used with no broken parts or stains, holes or anything but I have gotten things given to me that I would just throw away.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I was getting their emails but it seemed nothing applied to me, so I never used the service.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I've only used it to get rid of stuff, but it's always been things that were in good shape. If it's trash, it's trash and we put it to the curb.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I received a lot of my baby's clothes from free cyclers and I got some that were good and some that were pretty bad it just all depends. Most of them were good though. I never go to pick something up expecting it to be top notch and practically new but I have been surprised at.
    aak1986

Answer by aak1986 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2011