If you read the bible what is your favorite verse?

Momxoxoxo

Asked by Momxoxoxo at 2:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Count it all joy. James I 2-4
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Don't be afraid because I'm with you (Isaiah 41:10)
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:18 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Matthew 17:20

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Colossians 3:12-15 (New Living Translation)

12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have a few favorites...I always have trouble picking just ONE favorite anything. :-)

My favorite when I was a kid was 1 Corinthians 13 4-7

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres".

I also tend to like the ones that parallel well with Buddhist teachings, because I practice Buddhism. For example, “Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you;” Matthew 5:44 parallels very well with “Hatreds do not cease in this world by hating, but by love, overcoming evil by good. Overcome the miser by giving, overcome the liar by truth.” Dhammapada 1.5 & 17.3
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I also love this one:

1 John 4:7-12
    7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Proverbs 3:5-6
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.
    myheartflys

Answer by myheartflys at 10:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Proverbs 3:5-6

This is my favorite one too.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 3:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have two favorites ... Rev 6:8 and Ecc. 3:1-8
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Salmos 23
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011