Neighbour Creep out... What the Fu@$!

Just for 'fun' my SO and I checked out our local sex-offender web site (there was a story on it on our nightly news). turns out, our neighbor (we live in a duplex) is a sex offender. He is guilty of 'second degree sexual assault on a minor'. what does this mean- and what should i do?? My son is 1 year old and my SO or I is ALWAYS at home with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he was expose to tell you when you moved in go to police station talk to someone get the 411 on him....i think he viliated his contract somehow.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Not defending sexual predators or anything but you never know their story. They could be guilty of the most vile crime and then again they could have dated a 16 year old girl when they were 18 had consensual sex and got arrested. While that's nothing like a vile crime against a child it something that can follow a man around for his lifetime. Keep an eye on him, just like the police are as well as the local tracking system is. That's about all you can do shy of ask him for his story or moving.
    Anonymous

• hmm usually I think you are supposed to be notified. You probably should contact your police department just to get the skinny. Usually that kind of info is accessable to the public
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Call the Non-Emergency phone number listed in the phone book. They answer all Police related questions or will direct you to who can answer for you.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Never let your child out of your sight and keep in mind what Anon said. You dont know his story but you also dont want to take the chance that its the worst instead of the best.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 1:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• The term 'second degree sexual assault on a minor' means sexual contact or intercourse with a child that has not reached the age of 13. The reason I know that is because I came across the same issue in our neighborhood a few months ago.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• What is the site? I would like to use it to.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• that is crazy and I also checked that site around my city and one of my customers from where I work was on there. It was so crazy because I shook everytime I saw him but I know I couldnt treat him different because I would be discriminating and could get in trouble from my job for that. It's still hard to take his order and make his drink and be polite to him although I want to ask him how could have done somethign so evil and disgusting to a child 14 or younger. He was convicted obviouslt for a reason they found enough evidence to put him in jail and have him register for the rest of his life.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• This is weird I had almost the same experiance except the person was the previous tenant of the house i moved into a few years back...Turns out theres spose to be fliers or somthing like that in a area like yours we used to get one every other month....it sucked cus even though the guy hadn't been there in years ,on holidays like holloween noone would let thier kids come up to my house to get candy.....which is how we found out about it,i was kinda freaked out a little untill a neighbor came up to me when she noticed i was concerned and she gave me the info and what happened so we had to go through this thing to get our address taken off that list...
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 3:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Where do you live? Second degree usually means sexual contact with a minor who is over thirteen but not yet sixteen.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008