scared...waiting for callback from doctor

so this afternoon i started getting some mild to moderate period like cramps. i am approx. 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. my brownish spotting, which had tapered off, picked up again except this time it was red. it wasn't a heavy flow, although (possible tmi) there were some very small and thin stringy things when i wiped after urinating.

I called my OBGYN, and am waiting for the oncall doctor to call me back, but I'm freaking out! Could this just be implantation bleeding? Is it a miscarriage?

Jackaroo1223

Asked by Jackaroo1223 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I spotted on and off through my whole first pregnancy..and i have a very healthy 3 year old now... try to stay calm...i know its better said then done.. good luck
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 11:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Relax! When I was between 6 and 8 weeks pregnant, I had the same thing. I felt as if I were going to get my period at any moment and had brown on my toilet paper every time I wiped. I too called the on call doctor and I was told not to worry about it unless I had HEAVY red bleeding or cramps so bad that they were intolerable.

Eventually, the brown spotting went away and I am now 27 weeks pregnant.

Before this pregnancy, I did have a miscarriage at six weeks and I bled a lot and had some severe cramping.

Your brown spotting is normal. Even though it is SCARY!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It is scary and they will probably want to do an ultrasound. Working yourself up (and I know its hard not to do) isn't going to help though. You really need to drink some water and lay down...this early on in a pregnancy there isn't much else you or the doctor can do. Just keep in mind there are several things that can cause bleeding other than a miscarriage.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008