How do you pray?

myheartflys

Asked by myheartflys at 2:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, many times a day
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 2:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• What do u mean how?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:18 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• As a Pagan I pray when I meditate, or drum, chant, sing, or even a nature walk. There are a lot of ways I connect with the Divine.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I pray directly to my Heavenly Father whenever, wherever I feel the need to do so, though I always make an effort to do so in private (choosing not to "cast my pearls before swine"). I don't believe that I need to pray to anyone else to supplicate on my behalf...like saints, idols, Mary, etc. I pray humbly with my head bowed and my arms folded, eyes closed. I pray with gratitude, always first giving thanks for my blessings, and then asking for blessings for others in my life and in the world, and then pouring out my own heart and, when needed, asking for specific blessings for myself.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I pray in my mind quietly and precisely directly to God.

Answer by older at 11:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I pray where ever and whenever I want to. It could be reading a prayer request here...I'll pray right here at my computer. I pray while taking a shower, doing dishes, cleaning the house....Sometimes I pray silently, sometimes I pray outloud, sometimes I write my prayers down....to each his own. There's no right way or wrong way to pray--just pray!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 2:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I pray unceasingly. Everything I do is dedicated to the glory of God and is therefore a prayer. With young babies is it sometimes hard to find the time to sit in prayer quietly, but I don't worry, because even in doing the laundry, the dishes and the diapers I am offering my work and myself to His will and for love of Him.
    I also say the Jesus prayer while I work and ask for intercession when I feel it is needed or I am lonely. The saints and angels are powerful prayer partners and it's always nice to have someone to pray with :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Usually silently as I am falling asleep- thankful for the day and looking for peace, strength and clarity for the next one-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Sometimes I pray as I go through my day, when I read a prayer request here. At night I say formal prayers and read the mass readings for the day and a reflection on those.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• As a KitchenWitch, I weave prayers and spells into the food I make for my family.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011