What do you consider a missed period??! TMI

I have a regular 28/14 cycle. And my AFis usually annoyingly heavy. On November 15th (the day I'm supposed to start AF) I began with very light spotting for 24 hours. Then it was brownish pink spotting. Now it's brown but only enough for a pantyliner. The brown discharge has some small brown clots in it aswell. Now day 4 of this odd bleeding. I tested twice today and got BFN. I called my GYN today for a blood test and they said NO! She said I havn't exactly missed my period yet so I have to wait another week before a blood test. What is considered a missed period? Could this be implantation? And can the Dr really refuse to blood test me??!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• What your describing actually sounds very similar to a normal period for me! I think you need to not have any kind of bleeding for it to be considered "missed".

Yes, the doctor can refuse to test you, just as you can refuse to have any tests done.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I've never experienced a period like this. I usually have cramps that keep me curled up in a ball atleast teh first 24 hours. And I usually have extremely heavy AF and use super absorbent tampons the whole 5 days.
    You're very lucky if you're AF is this light and painless every month!
    Anonymous

• wow they shouldnt refuse that. i just called the dr yesterday to ask about a blood test and they said they can do it now, but it may be too early. to wait till i miss my period. but a week after? thats stupid. they should let you. and as for the missed period...that def sounds like implantation bleeding.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It seems so wrong for the dr to refuse a blood test to any patient. I was really upset. And the 2 week wait is tough enough! I'm seriously considering going to planned parent hood and paying for a blood test. I think it is implantation because brown blood is usually old blood and why would a prd start pink then turn brown? Also, my daughter is 13 months old now so to me it makes sense to me that a 2nd pregnancy would produce a bit more old blood with implantation. What do you think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2008