Missed period? Implantation? TMI

I have a regular 28/14 cycle. And my AFis usually annoyingly heavy. On November 15th (the day I'm supposed to start AF) I began with very light spotting for 24 hours. Then it was brownish pink spotting. Now it's brown but only enough for a pantyliner. The brown discharge has some small brown clots in it aswell. Now day 4 of this odd bleeding. I tested twice today and got BFN. I called my GYN today for a blood test and they said NO! She said I havn't exactly missed my period yet so I have to wait another week before a blood test. What is considered a missed period? Could this be implantation? And can the Dr really refuse to blood test me??!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• ok i typed in my google tool bar what is a missed period and the sins you are experiencing could be 1 of 2 here directly from the web site
    I Have My Period…I Think
    Sometimes, you may have your period but, instead of your usual menstrual flow and period length, this time around your period is shorter and lighter. In some cases, it could be a sign that you didn't ovulate during the month. If the problem continues, you should probably make an appointment with your health care provider. A lighter, shorter period is also a common side effect of the birth control pill.

garricksmommy

Answer by garricksmommy at 9:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Women who are sexually active may want to take a pregnancy test if their lighter period appears to be pink or brown in color. What you're seeing may actually be implantation bleeding and is an early sign of pregnancy. However, if this bleeding is also accompanied by a sharp pain in your lower abdominal, then make an appointment with your health care provider right away; you could be having an ectopic pregnancy.
    I would try the pregnancy test i woulf try a first response one myself
    if you get a neg on the first one then wait a week and try again and if still neg then it was because you did not ovulate this month
    hope this helps
    garricksmommy

• Thanks! Testing a week seems to be the best thing to do. I have no pain. A few twinges here and there on my lower left side, but no actual pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2008