Is it weird that my partners aunt (not by blood) calls him babe?

my bf was raised by a lesbian couple, his aunt and his aunts girlfriend. they broke up but both are still part of the family even though both found new lovers. so if she is still part of the family, why would she call her nephew babe? it just seems weird to me. thanks

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 2:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• No, not at all. Some people just call names such as babe, sweetie, Hon, etc... as terms of endearment. Not meant to be weird, just how they are. I used to babysit for this couple who always called me babe, or even just kid. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The cashier at Walmart calls me babe.  I call other moms on here babe.  I call my spouse babe.  If you don't see any other signs that she might be a little more into him than what would be considered appropriate, I'd write it off as just being nice. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• na i think its normal.. i little weird but i wouldnt be bothered by it... probably just saying that because she loves him i mean hes family ya know
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 2:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• oh ok yea i always took it like, "no he's my babe, you're his aunt." shes the coolest tho too which is good. i havent said a word for 3 years, so i'll just let it go.tx
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 2:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It's just a term of enderarment like m-avi said. Its a very southern thing to do too(not sure if she's southern).
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oh okay, I get it I think.  Is it your pet name for him?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• uh, yea, hes the one i make love to, im the one that feeds, clothes, packs a lunch for. im his little lover bitch too, i deserve to call him something special that no relative should be able to also
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Ahhh okay, I see where your coming from then.  I would definitely take offense if someone was calling my hub the name I call him.  Maybe it's silly but that's the way it is.  I don't know any polite way to tell her that your not comfortable with it, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Eh, odd choice, but there's no reason to think anything of it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

On that note, call him something better, like, sexy, then babe won't creep you out so much.
    I don't think its weird, blood or not, she's like family... unless you live in Kentucky, deep woods, I wouldn't worry...
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2011