I want to be serious for a minute.............

How far are you willing to go with your significant other if you see signs of preditory behavior? Your ex and you called it quits and you have the kids. Both are teen girls btw. Your new SO has been actting funny around your children or may I say inappropriately. For example him coming out of the shower without his towel and saying he thought everyone had left the house. Walked into one of the girls room without knocking. Your daughters are so uncomfortable they sleep in the same room after the incident.

The signs of a pedifile exsist but you keep brushing it off because you do not want to be alone. What should you do if you see this happening? I spoke to the girls and told them to take showers together. Do not leave each other alone for no reason. sleep in the same room and put a chair in the back of the door at night. I spoke to their mom, well more like told her off. I threaten to call the authority on her and this guy. Currently they stay with me b/c we made her see things our way. I want to hurt him so bad because he did something to the youngest one that causes me to cry at night.

What would you do?

scmedicalasst

Asked by scmedicalasst at 2:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Well under NORMAL circumstances, I wouldn't consider that to be a warning of any kind.  My husband took baths with our daughter when she was a baby, does that make him a pedophile.  Uh no.  I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions because I know my spouse.  This man has already COMMITTED molestion (from what I understand) and there is no reason on this freaking planet that he should be allowed around ANY of them period.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'd call CPS. Get them involved and that might be the jolt that mom needs to get her act together. Definitely keep those girls away from that guy!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Kids, fortunately, are much better at spotting issues such as that before we actually are. If the kids feel uncomfortable, I would definitely honor their feelings. No need for them to feel ill at ease. And if it is a custody issue, talk to an attorney.. my child's attorney told her she did not have to go with anyone she felt uncomfortable with... all she had to do was so No and her say was all it took. If the issue was forced, the police could become involved.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• And I would call the police on his ass!  Letting him be free only gives him the opportunity to do that crap to someone else.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I keep the girls and they go to therapy with me once a week. their dad has been thrown in jail for beating this guy but. He travels a lot and agrees that the girls should stay with me until they say otherwise. Very tramatic they refuse to live with him b/c they feel uncomfortable. My husband and I tippy toe around them but they have always felt a bond to my dh. It was surprising that they told him before they told me. I love them so much it hurts me deep inside. The courts are involved at this time and gave us temporary custody.
    scmedicalasst

Comment by scmedicalasst (original poster) at 2:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You are a good woman and I commend for taking them in.  That is just too freaking sad for words!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Is the mom just not concerned?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I rarely speak about her because it makes me want to spit. She is a fool and don't know what she is missing out on. Her girls are great and we enjoy them around.
    scmedicalasst

Comment by scmedicalasst (original poster) at 3:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• call the police

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• That man would be out of my house in a heartbeat!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2011