How would u convey your feelings to ur hubby

If your so doesn't like to spend time with you, in fact if he doesn't like your company at all. If he just cares to sleep with you & that too on his own condition, but you have given him everything from love to emotional support to ur monthly salary to the extent that you have not saved even a single penny since the day you started working. I'm feeling so betrayed. Yesterday I asked him to come with me to some exhibition and he plainly refused, it was not the first time he never likes to go with me any where, its always either his brother or friends, in fact he doesn't takes me even to market or marriage. Some times I feel that in our marriage its always about his feelings, his expectation & he never bothers about me forget anything like love. I would like to talk to him but don't know what to say & how

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you two could really use some counseling. It doesn't sound like he'd be too open to just listen to your feelings at home, so a more formal setting might be what you need. I can relate to some of what is going on with you and your husband, so know that you aren't all alone in that. I think it's important for us to have a more rounded relationship. DH and I have sat down and are getting better about communication, which is a big help. Often, we expect our SO's to know our feelings, but we don't share them. This isn't fair for either of us, so I think the first step needs to be communication. Best of luck to you, I hope you can get things headed in the right direction.
    jessihernandez

Answer by jessihernandez at 2:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You seem to have self-esteem issues, otherwise you would not give so much to a man who clearly is not looking for the same type of relationship that you are.

Move on, learn to love yourself, and good time will follow.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Simply sit down with him and in a respectful way present your feelings as you have posted here. Give him time to process and to try to understand your feelings and then ask him about his. Maybe he's unaware that he makes you feel this way. Ask him for his support and company by using words like "I would like....", "I believe....", "I feel that....", "It hurts when....", "I understand...., but I need....". If this doesn't help, seek professional counseling, if not for both of you, at least for yourself so you can handle decisions and choices you will undoubtedly have to make.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I read the book "The proper care and feeding of husbands". Sometimes you have to give to get back.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Well it seem to me by reading your question that he is in this marriage for convience and not for the love of you...You need to love yourself and if he isn't willing to work on the marriage and its all about him, then it needs to be all about him ON HIS OWN...don't settle for what your worth just to be with him or any man you are worth more.
    You love him but he's using you and its not fair.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2011