natural birth

im going to have to have a natural labor this time i think because im terrified they messed up the epidural so bad last time im still having sever back pain and that was 5 years ago im scared they will screw it up again and my legs will go number and wont ever come back it scares me very very bad so i was wondering who has done natural ? whats it like is ti easier with a second baby ?

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I plan on trying to go natural next time (I ended up needing the epidural for the last one). The second time usually goes faster, and your muscles are usually a little more lax so baby supposedly can get through with a little more ease...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• what I can tell you is I was dilated to 8 cm with nothing on board for pain and i thought I was going to die . It wasnt my choice. No one told me I needed 2 bags of iv fluids prior to getting an epi and I waited till I couldnt stand it anymore AND may labor progressed VERY quickly. I ended up needing a c-section and I LOVED that spinal! But I had no issues with it. I also didnt have great bretahing technique due to my crappy birhting class and a preterm birth. I think yuo can definitely go all natural. I was doing awesome till I got 7 cm then it was just too much and that was with almost no breathing technique. Remember if you cant do it you can get an epi and there are other meds you can get that are less invasive.My advice study natural ways to cope with the pain ESPECIALLY those breathing techniques and give it a shot. Whats the worst that can happen?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• ya im just scared of the epidural hurting me they missed 4 times last time
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• ugh you poor thing shoot for natural. that sounds a lot more painful than a natural birth honestly. You can do it!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• thanks im scared but im hopeing people can make me feel better and encourage me lol .. my honey just says oh wow thta will hurt lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Have you looked into hypnobirthing? I plan on doing it next time around. The people I know that have done it swear by it. They say that you don't feel pain, only pressure. Sounds good to me!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I went natural with my daughter yea it hurt but it made me have her alot faster then it would of if i had a epadurel so it will be ok atleast you know u wont have more problems if u just have the baby natural
    Trinismom2008

Answer by Trinismom2008 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008