Which is the hard part: The contractions, or the actual giving birth?

Thinking about going naturally, just curious.

Smexkitten

Asked by Smexkitten at 11:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ha lol me too last time i didnt but that time for me it was the contractions
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• The contractions.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• The contractions hurt more. The pushing is harder though because you actually have to do something besides just lay there in pain.
    AliMom714

Answer by AliMom714 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• definitly the CONTRACTIONS! delivery is the quickest part.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Contractions for me too.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 11:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• haha i agree with alimom....yeah contractions hurt more, but when you have been laying there for 15 hours (for me) and had an epidural its really hard to start pushing. but it goes by faster than you think. also, i give major props to those who go natural. wow i NEVER EVER could have done that. thinking of that gives me chills haha.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• oh but wait good luck if you do!!! water births look amazing haha. id do that if i went natural!
    Keeely07

• The giving birth was what was worse for me but it was BECAUSE of the epidural. Something weird happened and the place where the tube went into my back started to hurt a LOT. That was by far the worst part, I don't even remember the other stuff hurting!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Contractions are the hard part. Hands down. Especially if you are induced. Pitocin makes contractions WAY worse.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 11:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I had a c-section so I'm gonna say post pardum healing LOL. No actually even with a c-section I liked contractions better. The meds made me feel really sick adn I actually puked on the operating table (DISGUSTING!)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2008