How to humidify a room?

I think my raditor is making my super small bedroom's air very dry. Sometimes I have to sleep with the fan on and door open to cool it down in here which results in my having a headache all day. I tried leaving a glass of water out so the air could soak up some moisture...but not sure of that is working.

I added a plat but the plant started to wilt so took it out. I am now going to place a wet towel on top of the raditor (it doesn't get so hot it will burn) so it won't be so dry....anyone else have any suggestions?

1. I don't have enough money to buy anything.
2. I do not have control over the temp of the raditor (apatment controled).

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 3:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Health

• Try putting a cake pan(metal) of water on the floor in front of the radiator, or on top of it. Since the pan is metal, you won't have to worry about starting a fire or breaking a glass dish. A pot would work too.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• put a pan of water in front of the radiator don't put it on the radiator though for it could melt the pan.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Put a pot on the stove half full of water. Add some lemon or orange zest for fregrence if you wish. Let it simmer on low during the day. That will allow the air to circulate through the house.. I don't suggest that you leave it on while you're sleeping though, just incase something shorts out or what have you. However, leaving it on in the house all day can help add enough moisture to your home for you to be comfortable at night.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Awesome tips. thank you ladies. I am so sick of waking up to a super dry nose and my son get's dry boogies in there I ahve to pick put. Yuck!!
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2011