Do u think the internet is partly to blame for the demise of relationships and marriages ?

tsk tski don't think it is the internet i think the person who uses the internet to cheat is the problem.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 4:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't blame the internet for ruining relationships. It's people who are at fault. They willingly and knowingly choose to do things, and shit hits the fan.

I agree OP.

GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No. People and their attitudes toward marriage are the demise.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think a person is supposed to have control, no matter where they are-internet, resturant, bar,etc. If you a person is hiding something from their spose or so then that's on that person.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If the internet were actually to blame, there would be a significant rise in rates of cheating/divorce etc just since the 90s. And really probably since about 2000 when almost 50% of american families finally had internet.....that means in the last 10 years there would have been a dramatic increase...has anyone noticed a dramatic increase in the past 10 years?
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 4:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I agree with you. Why blame an object rather than the person at hand. People just make excuses for their actions rather than fessing up to what they were going to do with or without the internet.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 5:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No, blaming the internet is just an excuse for not facing up to the real problem(s) in a relationship.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:26 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• its not the internet its the person if they want to cheat they are going to find a way not matter if the internet is there or not and i found my soul mate threw the net and im grateful for that
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• yes and no, I think if a person cheats then that is more to do with their character.If a person wants to cheat, then I think the internet gives them a lot more opportunities to do so.

I was recently listening to a radio show and they were talking about how it seems that so many people are leaving relationships so easily. I women called in saying that she was the owner of a dating internet site, and said that that's very common these days. That if someone isn't getting exactly what they want in a relationship they just start looking for someone else. Since now all you have to do is enter in what you want and you get a list of people in seconds.

I guess it depends on what you want, if you want to work on a relationship and not cheat, then you will.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Saying that the internet ruins relationships is like saying that McDonalds makes you fat. YOU choose to use the internet and eat at McDonalds so it's no ones fault other than your own.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Nope. People make their own choices.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2011