Should cameras be put in classrooms ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 4:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Definitely! Too much crap happens that teachers "didn't see". It would cut down on cheating too and lazy teachers would actually have to get of their butts!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yes. for the protection of the teacher and the child. I enjoy that I can log in to my sons class via internet. If something happens I can go up to the school and have them view what I just witnessed. Love it.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 4:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• As a teacher, I would welcome it but as a tax payer I could think of better ways to spend the few educational dollars we have left.

We have them in the hallways for security.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Can you imagine the mothers at home obsessively watching their kids classes. They would have to TIVO if they had more than one kid.
    There would be no time for Cafemom.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think that would be a great idea for the safety of everyone. Nowadays there are a lot of crazy things happening at school and I'd love to be able to have the opportunity to view my daughter's classroom, once in a while, not all day long, so that I can make sure that she is ok. Plus, if a student were acting out there would be proof of it.
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 5:51 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It's a good idea but right away I jump to the expense side of it. School districts are already broke, installing, operating and maintaining said cameras is an additional expense. There are evil little geniuses in our schools that could easily dismantle them causing constant repairs.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Heck no, while in some areas they may be needed the schools can't afford books and simple tools for teaching much less cameras.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• And if you don't think there are mom's that would be in everybody's business, then you're naive. We have a few mom's that are already like that everytime they visit the classrooms.

Bad things happen, which is why i'm for cameras for security purposes, without even teachers having acess without a particular concern to be addressed, just like a parent. But if you feel the need to watch your kids all day in a learning enviorment, then homeschool them.

And if you don't think predator can get acess, you're naive. Not only can they hack in, but sometimes the codes are given to them. A preschool in my city had classroom internet. They canceled it b/c of problems it created. A mom lost her job b/c she spent all day online watching the classroom. A mom was charged with aiding a predator. She gave the code to a familiy member, & he was later arrested for child molestation, they found out he'd been online watching the room daily
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Can you imagine the mothers at home obsessively watching their kids classes. They would have to TIVO if they had more than one kid. There would be no time for Cafemom.

rolling on floor

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 11:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Well, they aren't allowed, my daughter works for an alternative school, the worst kind, she teaches with a guard at her door and gets "combat pay" for it, yet when she herself put one up in her room, the kids behaved better because they knew they were being watched, but she was told to take it down because it is against regulations. And this is a school were drugs run a muck, weapons, run a muck and daily fights do too.

Answer by older at 8:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011