Sticky Sitution Part II Cont.

Also I didn't add that Braden has T's last name and Braden's Real Dad is very upset(sad) about it. Should I change his last name to his real dad's now? My answer to J when he asked me to change it to his last name was that I was going to wait until Braden got older and had him choose but I don't know if that is best either?..Advice!? Please give it!

ashnbra1

Asked by ashnbra1 at 4:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Adoption

• I don't know what the first part of the post was, but I am assuming you are with Real dad now. If so, change the name. That can be really important for a dad.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I personaly would not change the name for now. This man may or may not stay around. Experience has shown you he is not someone who hangs in. People do change but I would never disrupt my son's life based on what may happen in the future. I would also not want to upset the man who has been part of my child's life. So for now - no. Bio dad can get upset as he wants. My position as mom is: you follow my rules, you keep every promise you make to my child, you show up, do not argue in front of my child, you earn my trust. Period. I don't do drama bullshit. If your ex is not going to stay because of boundaries you set - he was never going to stay anyways.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have no advice about the name change issue, but for your husband's sake, it might be good to say "biological" or "natural" father instead of "real dad". It sounds like your DH has been more of a real dad to him. JMHO.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2011