Why is everyone blaming facebook and you tube when people post crazy stuff?

I believe thing like fighting and violence need not be posted and should be monitor. If I was the police I would have a squad especially for that. How about taking it a step furter and making individuals register there computer with the squad in order to gain access off the net. Sounds crazy but something need to be done about these postings. How is it that you can stand there and watch someone get beaten to death then post it on the net like if this is a joke.

Very sad in deed.

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 5:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Technology

• If the internet started getting monitored, it might help somewhat, but I think that some people would just go back to old school, non-internet, non-technological means to do what they want and sadly they'd probably get away with it since old school ways are often non-traceable and often overlooked.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The internet is just another tool for communication. The problem is that even if it wouldn't be posted online it would still get around. I don't agree with government censorship, and that's what that would be. If they want to give me free internet, I'd think about it. As long as I pay my bills, I should be able to post what I want when I want. Facebook is a social network, if it is that upsetting to people, then boycott Facebook and stop watching Youtube. Violence will happen with or without the internet, and making it go away on the internet wouldn't make it stop happening, we just wouldn't be as aware of the violence around us....sometimes ignorance is not bliss. I will say that I will not watch stuff like that, and neither will anyone in our household, as a parent it is my job to censor what my children see, and if they still see it is my job to teach them right from wrong and how to handle what they see.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• So .. Instead of making the individual responsible for what they're doing you're wanting to make EVERYONE responsible for what they do? It's not societies fault these people are rude, mean, or sadistic. You can't hold everyone accountable for one person's actions, because it's not everyone's fault that. You need to hold that ONE person accountable for what they've done. I agree with Zoeyis in what she said about crime always being there. The technology we have today only heightens what we notice, but there has never been a time when crimes and violence didn't happen. I don't agree in sensoring the internet to the point of making people register or having police on standby. Police are few and far as it is with all of the budget cuts, the country can't afford for them to be monitoring facebook.

Ontop of that ... There isn't a blanket answer that's going to solve everything. Not in the least bit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I know but I can hope. My husband says the same thing. One day we will be able to, some way some how.
    dubewife

Comment by dubewife (original poster) at 5:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• the internet is like a drug, like alcohol. It's there. Some people use it and control themsleves and their consumption. Some people abuse it, and then blame it on the source. Just as i don't think the govevnment should regulate how much i drink in my own home, niether should they regulate my internet in my own home. But, we do need internet laws, just as we have drinking laws (like drinking and driving). For example, if an online predator is convicted of online child inticement, they should restricted from having or using a personal computer (just as you'd take away a person's lisence for drinking and driving).

"How is it that you can stand there and watch someone get beaten to death then post it on the net like if this is a joke." That is a crime in some states, and is/should be punishable by law in all states, as bystanders to a crime can be charged if there, witnessing a crime.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2011