listen to my heart mommy...

it said that at 26 weeks you might be able to hear the babys heart beat from your belly..is it true? i read it on the pregnancy ticker on baby gaga.

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dunno lol ive never heard that
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• maybe they mean those home headphone things...where you hold it to your belly and you hear the heartbeat...i can't remember the name...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You can possibly feel the babys heart beat im not sure about hearing but thats possible too
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I heard that too, but my husband could never find it...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I read the same thing in the same place that you did. I am a nurse and pulled out my high quality stethoscope and tried for several minutes to hear a heartbeat. All I heard was mine and the baby kicking the stethoscope. Since I can't hear it with the minor assistance of my stethoscope, I found it hard to believe that you could hear the heartbeat with bare ears.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• go on ebay and look for a stethescope. You couldnt hear it anyways. Thats quite a gymnastic feat! I know they can hear it with a stethescope cause the docs do
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Like armywife said, you have to get the headphones. I got them and we could hear both of my kids heartbeats, it was awesome. This is the link to the Bebe sounds delux heart listener. this is the one i bought.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2501263
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 12:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• only $24.99
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 12:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• We got the headphones, and my hubby and I both have stethescopes (he was a paramedic, I'm a nursing student) and we could never hear my son's heartbeat. We were bummed! I think it might have been his position (turned out he was sunny side up).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2008