Has anyone had to have all thier teeth pulled? if so was it emotionally hard for you?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 6:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Health

• Oy, I need to have it done but reading these is making it harder to accept. My problems really aren't fixable, and just thinking about having to be toothless while I heal is depressing. But at the same time not beign able to eat properly til then is also depressing. Ugh. I can't afford anything else either. Wah.
    Anonymous

• I still have 16 teeth left, but my DH had all of his pulled about 3 years ago, and he has not been the same since. It left him feeling Depressed, because he Hated his dentures. I think he felt like he was getting old when he lost his teeth. He still can't get used to them, he hates his dentures.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• There are alternatives. Investigate these before making any non turn back decisions.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:19 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If there is a way to repair the remaining teeth you have I strongly suggest doing it. Especially if it's the lower teeth. A lower denture is much harder to adjust to than an upper denture. If you are missing a lot of teeth you can still replace the missing teeth with a partial or a bridge if applicable. You also have the option of implants. Mind you, implants are an expensive process but they are the best solution to replacing missing teeth. Only you have the power to feel "less than". You can have dentures and still be confident. It's all up to you.
    -Dental Assistant
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 6:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My mother lost all of her teeth in a car accident 40 years ago. Her dentures were always uncomfortable and she was always super paranoid about anything happening to her children's teeth. about 13 years ago, she got implants for her teeth. It was painful and expensive, but she feels so much better about herself. They fit! They are comfortable! She can eat just about anything! She doesn't worry about them falling out or any of the other issues she had with dentures.
    I don't know if this is an option for you, but this really, really helped my mom.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I had all but the bottom 5 in the front pulled. They gave me gas numbed everything and it still hurt like the dickens when they were pulling them. It is hard because people judge you by your appearance and that took alot of getting used to. I hate wearing my dentures because number 1 they don't fit properly and number 2 they don't stay put I have to use an adhesive to keep them in place. It has lowered my self esteem quite a bit and everything. Has made my depression worse also. Look into all options before having them pulled
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I had them all pulled in September and it has been so hard for me, I wrote this because i was wondering if i was the only one that feels this way, i just feel so ugly all the time, i feel depressed so bad about it all, and the dentures have been so hard to get use to. I have had so many problems and i just want them to fit right. The top ones are good its the bottoms that i have a hard time with, there is a huge gap and when i wear them and try to eat something even if its something soft the bottoms pop out and i even use denture sdhesive. Now i have a sore on the bottom and i think its bone coming out but i cant even wear them right now because it hurts so bad. but i am going to call the dentist this morning and demand they do something. I got really upset with a lady at the dentist office because when i called before she told me that some people just can't wear them and that is no an acceptable answer for me.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 6:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• And it's my own decision, btw, to have mine done - my dentist would rather fix, I'd rather pull.
    Anonymous