Do you feel like you need a cheerleader?

I just want someone to follow me around and praise me for doing things I really need to do in a day...lol. You know, applaud me for cleaning up the sticky mystery spot on the carpet instead of walking over it...for making myself do my homework when I have no energy...for letting my daughter dink around outside when I was freezing and had a thousand things to do. I'm in a bad mood and I'm exhausted and I want a friggen cheerleader! Anybody else been there?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yep almost everyday. I feel the same way. I wish someone would pat me on the back and say "Way to go,you did great." I guess that is why we have Cafemom. So here it goes. WWWWWooooooohhoooooooo, you are awesome,good job, thanks for all the wonderful things you do. Hey go out and get yourself an icecream, you deserve it.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 11:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• OK!! I HAVE TO SAY~~~ THANK GOD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!  I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT FELT LIKE THIS. 

I love my family and being a mother and wife, but sometimes I just wish someone would go ATTA GIRL~  I know we do it out of love and blah blah, but still----sometimes i just get tired!!!!!!!

thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!

Now~~ give yourself a big hug and go buy those damn shoes!!!!

LiFeOVeRForTY

Answer by LiFeOVeRForTY at 12:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Definitely. Its about being appreciated, I think. Understand that I'm putting time and effort into something I DON'T particularly want to do.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• (Here's a secret that I know: my children asked me if I would be their mother, if they could put their lives in my care; if I would be their gateway into the physical world by creating for them a body, if I would completely form their intelligence and shape their emotional well-being. They trusted me SO MUCH that they chose me to determine every part of them, as children and for the rest of their lives, ... and I said I would. ... AND THEN ! God and our angels agreed with the plan and arranged our lives together. ...(cont'd)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• ... (cont'd) Our angels are intensely interested in every effort I make. They not only watch, but they actively help - a whispered reminder, an out of the blue warning that makes me notice something just in time, my little girl trips and needs stitches just a HALF INCH from her delicate eye!) We have cheerleaders, and every night when we sleep we get to confer with them and then bring new ideas for the next day. Congratulations on staying in tune with them!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Good post, if I type more I just may get myself in a bad mod.....but never the less, DITTO!!!!!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• RAH RAH !!!!! =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I feel the same!!!!! Im nine months pregnant and I do laundry all day and cook dinner and my hubby just eats it and doesnt say thank you. I want a cheerleader too!!!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• no cheerleaders are annoying airheads!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes!

I have had intense leg pain for a year and I am going in for MRIs today. But my house is always clean, the laundry is done, bills are paid even when hubby forgets to hand me receipts, dinners and lunches are made, I play with my daughter, hubby still gets sex, and no one says thank you.

But I would love to get a pat on the back or a nap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2008