Should I go or should I stay?

My grandmother passed away last night. She's been sick for a while so it wasn't unexpected. I live 15 hours from home, but want to be there so badly right now. My husband wouldn't be able to go with me and I'd have to find child care for the older two while I was gone, but I still want to. I know if I stay here my family will understand but my heart is there. I don't know what to do.

KWnavywife

Asked by KWnavywife at 8:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• You should go; otherwise, you might regret it later. Follow your heart.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If it were me I would take all my kids with me and go. If it is a matter of them being out of school they would be excused because of a death in the family. I think if you really feel that you should be there and you DH is okay with it then you should go because if you don't you will regret it in the long run.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You should go and say a proper goodbye, otherwise you'll always regret it..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If you can go and afford to financially you should go. My grandma died in 2002 and I was 3000 miles from home. I wasnt able to go because of financial reasons and regret it.

Answer by gemgem at 8:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If you can plan safe childcare for your children then go. I am so sorry for your loss.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandmother passed in 2007 and I didn't to her funeral because by the time I would have arrived to the airport the funeral would have gotten started. Single most regret in my life. Please go. Like the other mom stated take the kids they'll be excused. Good luck with your decision.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 8:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If you can afford to make the arrangements you need to, go.

Sorry for your loss. Hugs!
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would go, and take your chioldren, i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for them to miss a few days of school for a death in the family.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would go and take the children. What a wonderful way for them to see how life goes on...and to connect with family
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• simple frown

go be with your family and take your kids with u sorry for your lost

cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011