why do some women let men get away with cheating?

A man will go as far as you let him and when u forgive him for cheating he will do it again knowing that u will forgive him again. but do u realize that when u forgive him, u still don't forget it? It just makes ur life miserable because u can never trust him again and will always wonder where he goes when he walks out the door or who he talks to when he is on the phone or on the internet. More importantly, he loses respect for u. I think if you can't be strong enough to leave, make his a** suffer before you forgive him or just leave...period. Just don't ever use your kids as an excuse to stay because they deserve to be brought up in a healthy environment. Not one that makes ur daughter grow up believing it's ok for her man to cheat on her and for your son to grow up believing it's ok to cheat on his woman. That's what u create when u stay for ur kids...not to mention the mental disturbance of the arguing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• yep, and you know for sure that if you cheated on him then all hell would break loose! I posted something like this a few days back, only it was geered toward the military spouses....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• oh yea, if the women do it....men would never forgive u.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• One reason i stay is because i cant prove he really has cheated he is just being dishonest about little things. Two my son (his step son) has no clue there are any problems. We dont let him see it to spare him from any heartache.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I am sorry... I am trying not to have an affair with a man I thought was single when I met him in july and recently have found out he is married after we started messing around. weve only kissed and hugged and I am tied to him. However, it get worse.. I have young children and so does he but his are only one and three. I just found that out today.... its hard to be on either sidebecause he is lying to me and his wife. He said he is single... I know he is not...I have the obsessive compulsive disorder and i am trying to walk away. so tomorrow my friend is going to help me walk away right after work. So I am sorry my heart is breaking because he is a lying bastard and hasnt told me he is married. He is lying to both me and is wife...So maybe the other woman doesnt know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i love this post!!! yea my husband has been up to funny shit lately then when i catch him in things he just says sorry and gets me flowers.... then its just like they forget and go on to do the next asshole thing...and u cant seem to let that shit go it just eats and eats at u

as for cheating.. i would NEVER stay with someone who cheated on me and i knew about it... thats so horrible and disgusting..too many diseases out there...if he can go that far then he doesnt love you and you deserve better....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• LEAVE THAT MAN ALONE!!! HE IS NO GOOD... IF HES TELLING YOU HE'S SINGLE AND U KNOW HE'S MARRIED HE HAS NO RESPECT EVEN FOR HIS WIFE...WHY WOULD HE EVER FOR YOU? AND I WOULD TELL HIS WIFE TO JUST PUT HER DOWN SO SHE CAN RUN AWAY AND GET FROM HIS LYING CHEATING ASS!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It would hurt if your husband cheated, but it doesn't have to be the end. For me it would depend on why he did it and who it was with. If I did stay, I would be committed to letting it go so we could get past it. I love my husband and our daughter and that wouldn't change overnight.

There is a difference between the "forgive and forget" idea and wiping out a memory. Of course you would remember the pain he caused you, you couldn't wipe it away. To "forgive and forget" is to move beyond it and not dwell on it. It means that every time you fight, you don't bring it up to get at him. If you agree to stay, and you want it to work, you have to "forgive and forget."
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008