Do you think trying to lose 5 pds a week is too much if your 60 pds overweight?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 9:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I do not think it is too much, we all loose weight at different levels, just as long you don't go on a binge and gain it all back, you go girl!

Answer by older at 11:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The healthiest way to do it is to aim to lose 2 pounds a week. Losing at this rate also helps your skin to bounce back a bit better. If you lose too much, too fast, you have a higher chance that your skin will not bounce back and you will have a lot of extra skin just hanging off your body.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The healthiest for ANYBODY is to lose 1-2 lbs a week. It has to do with the body adjusting to the weight loss. Losing too much too quickly can send the body into shock. As well as put undue pressure on your joints, muscles, and bones. Which need time to adjust as you lose weight as well. Now, five lbs a week isn't a huge increase from the 1-2 that is recommended. However, it is still a bit much to be trying to lose in such a short amount of time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• it depends in various factors your age ,health condition, kink of diet and exercice.some pro says that a normal person loose 2 -3 pound per week...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Not past the first few weeks no, unless you have had some form of bariatric surgery as I did or are on a liquid diet. I did lose 3-5 lbs a week in the beginning after i had my lapband surgery but dont lose more than 1-2 anymore like anyone else eating less food. In the beginning my body was in shock though and i lost a lot of hair for example. Cut out grazing and giving up friend food and bread and pop will do a long ways towards reaching your goal without actually dieting.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:26 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Everyone's body is different. You may be able to, and you may not. The key is to not get discouraged or disappointed with yourself if it doesn't happen.
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If you lose the weight too fast you have a greater chance of gaining it back faster or having loose skin when you get to your ideal weight. I know its hard and you want it fast but it really is better in the long run to do it slowly.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:24 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yes, I think that is too much to expect and you will just get discouraged if you don't meet your expectations. I would set a goal of 1-2 pounds a week and be happy if you lose 5 some weeks! :)
    MandyP27

Answer by MandyP27 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• In the beginning you may see that for the first week or to, but then it will probably level off the a healthier 2 pounds a week!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2011