Leapster or Dsi

My four year old little girl wants either a leapster or dsi. My husband wants to get her a dsi but I thought the leapster was more educational. What are your thoughts on the game systems.

ELeigh0714

Asked by ELeigh0714 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would get the dsi. They will play it alot longer than a leapster. Kids dont really like those things very long. You can get her educational games for the dsi if thats what you want it for, but she can get alot of fun things to play aswell!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Leapster is educational, but has fewer game options and you can't find them second hand (at least around here) and that's how we buy most of them - I can't stand paying $40 for something new when I can get it for $15 and it works great. We bought our daughter both and the leapster was quickly discarded for the DSi because the games are more fun for her.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think the Ds, they do have alot of games out there to choose from and so can be educational as well. and she will grow out of the leapster and the DS she will play alot longer.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• my daughter has a ds and loves it and there are alot of good educational games for it. it was the best investment we made
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The two aren't even comparable IMO. Get her the leapster now and the DSi when she's older and can actually use it better and take better care of it.
    Anonymous

• leapster
    monstersam

Answer by monstersam at 6:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have the leapster, my son loves it. It is a good product. It is pretty cheap and it takes a good beating. It won't last very long in regards to educational content if she is now four. I might gravitate toward the DS. If you get a leapster I advise you load all the software before you give it to her (it takes a while) and buy a power cord--they eat batteries!
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011