Ugh, I feel so mean. How did all of you mommies handle this?

I am off of work during my pregnancy and I really don't do much during the day. My SO works 12 hour days and when he comes home he is exhausted.

Our baby is awake in my belly all night long and I cannot sleep. I toss and turn, I get up frequently to go to the bathroom or grab a snack.

We do have a couch that I could lay on, however, once I lay down on it, it is almost impossible for me to get up.

I feel really mean that I am causing my hun lack of good sleep because I can't get comfy with the baby being so active.

How would you, or did you handle this?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 11:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If its a big issue maybe have him sleep on teh couch to get some sleep..until you get over the discomfort ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i feel ya .. my SO says he doesnt care tho its his part of us being pregnant
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my SO sleeps through my rolling and flipping and turning all night. My doctor just told me today that I could take unisom to help me sleep and I'm sure my SO will be thrilled to hear it! Don't feel too mean just yet...at least you're not to the point of hating him for being able to sleep (I'm so there). Egh. I just keep telling myself "it will all be over soon"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I would ask your so if it bothers him. If it doesnt dont sweat it. If it does try something else. But dont feel bad about not doing anything. Baby cooking is extremely exhausting and you just dont understand until you are
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• its part of being pregnant hun..i dont see anything mean about it...if it bothers you that bad, ask him if it bothers him..he's probably dead assleep from working those 12 hr shifts.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Maybe try napping during the day, while you can? Then at night, try doing some chores to "rock" the baby to sleep, and then go to bed? I got lucky; I was so tired by the time I went to bed, I could sleep through most of the movements!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my hubby would work nights so I was usually by myself:(
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 5:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm with kabbot01!! I used to get so pissed he was sleeping I'd press my belly into his back so the baby could kick him too. If you have a glider that helped me a ton too. I'd sleep most nights there b/c the rocking would put the baby to sleep or position him so his kicks weren't as severe.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 2:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008