Wow! I was angry FOR her!

yesterday we got dumped on with close to 12 inches of blowing snow. At 3:30,my husband and I went out to clear it. Just as we were finishing,my neighbor came out to do hers. I asked her where her husband was,why wasn't he out too? She told me he was sleeping because he was out drinking until 3am. I felt so bad for her. She has a heart condition and diabetes. We offered to help her,but she refused our help,told us she could see how exhausted and soaked we were,and that she would just do the steps and go in. I would be so pissed if I had a husband who refused to come help because he was hungover.I think it was a little ridiculous because it had been 12 hours since he got in. From what she tells me,he's made this behavior a habit. Would you be mad?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes I would be mad, I used to be married to an alcoholic, I'm so glad I got out of that situation!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yep! His @ss would have likely ended up with a bucket of snow on his head! That should "sober" him up!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Next time just take your shovels and work next to her without asking. My neighbor did that for us once when the plows covered the end of our driveway and I was struggling with the hubs at work adn it meant a lot to me. She probably feels more beaten down and overwhelmed than mad at this point, When you get mad enough you leave. Sounds like shes given up and into the situation which is even harder. Try to invite her over for coffee or include her in walks and stuff so she can vent and have something to look forward to. You're a good neighbor.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• what a loser! he needed to get his ass up! If that were my hubby, I would have kicked him out of bed!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• oh he would've done it hangover and alll or i would've gone over and gotten his mother,shes our neighbor.lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I definitely would have been mad. No way would my husband do that to me, and I DON'T have diabetes or a heart condition! Wow!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• That woman should never be out shoveling snow with her conditions. Her husband should be a shamed of himself, that is just down right wrong. No wonder you were so angry for her, it is absolutely unbelievable!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would be mad but if she is allowing it to go on, I cannot be empathetic for her.

She is enabling him to act that way. She has made her bed.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Poor lady. I agree, he needed to get up and get to shoveling.

Answer by Bmat at 9:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• yes I would be upset. If it was my husband I would go into the house and turn on a CD of bagpipes music, turn it loud then leave the house and leave him to enjoy it. :P
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2011