Soccer moms?

We are new to soccer this year and do not know our team colors yet -- what should I buy before finding out - cleats (black??) and shin guards only? Any other suggestions on types of shin guards?

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• The shin guards with stirrups stay on better, would wait until you know team colors on the high soccer socks since it may be required and also even if not its easier for the kids to look down and know who their teammates are. You will also want black soccer shorts. Cleats color won't matter, most are black but my daughters are black and pink.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I don't mean to be petty but why on earth would my answer be voted down above unless it was about the cleat color which is cool but Ive never heard of that. I thinks its petty to vote down answers when people take the time to answer the OPs question and I am sure the OP appreciates it. Sorry to hijack the question but wow. Way to say good morning.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Good Morning!!!! :)

I don't know either... not all teams require the say cleat color... my LO's team yes. All red.
    Growing up, 90% of us had on black cleats, then a few had on red.... LOL.

Someones panties are in a bunch.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Some teams require the same color. :)
    Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• They both play indoor soccer so theyve been at it since fall. Michigan weather is so iffy for outdoor. My daughter plays on an indoor "field" and my son in a hockey rink converted for soccer, both are those parachute type domes. Indoor soccer is big in Michigan. Is it other places?
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oh and some beginner leagues around here the parent goes on the field! Yikes!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would wait. Our soccer teams cleats are red... hehehehe
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• same* sorry English is my second language hehe
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• khf22 - I actually think the colors idea for cleats is really cool, do you all order them as a team or do you special order them someplace online? Ive never seen them in the sporting goods stores.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My daughter has different colors every session so it wouldn't be worth it but my sons school league is a school team with the same color so itd be worth it. For some reason my kids feet don't change as much as I remember mine.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2011