Are your feelings hurt when your answers are voted down for no real reason?

I know I need to toughen up, but Ive had several answers voted down recently that were not political or a flame at all and I have to confess it hurts my feelings like its a personal slam on me and I didn't realize I was such an unlikeable Answer -er.

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 9:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• J, there are so many reasons that people vote down that it's not worth getting upset over. Sometimes people do it because they're angry about the whole thread, or because they remembered an answer you gave a week ago on another question that they didn't like, or sometimes they just do it for shits and giggles. Then if you post something about it, they get tickled and vote down other answers you give just to get under your skin. Just ignore the down votes the best you can...some people are ridiculous.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I hardly ever go back to my answers so I don't know when I'm voted down.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Doesn't hurt my feelings, but I wonder sometimes why certain answers get voted down- If they are not mean or nasty I see no point in voting someone down...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Nope. It's usually someone that I've made mad by not agreeing with them.

Sometimes I would like to know why but this site has become a game anymore.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I honestly don't pay any attention to it..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I do not care.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• no. i think some people like to do that just to be bitchy, so i don't care.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I don't care if someone votes me down, I usually forget to look back at my answers anyhow so I don't even know it lol
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 10:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It makes me wonder why. I too go back to answered questions sometimes and see what others said or if the OP has made comments.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Depends on my mood that day and what section it is. I try not to take any of it personally, but you know sometimes we're hormonal or having a bad day and it's hard to always keep that in mind. Sometimes it bothers me if I was really careful in my wording--to only express my opinion without putting anyone else down--and I still got voted down just for having a different opinion. Sometimes it bothers me if my answer was very similar to others who didn't get voted down, so I wonder if someone just doesn't like me for some reason. But, not everyone uses down votes the way I do (some use them a lot), while I use them more sparingly--usually for very rude or dangerous answers. Sometimes I wish they would quote me and respond so I know WHY it was voted down. I expect a down vote on occasion in some sections, but like I said sometimes I would like to know why. It usually doesn't bother me that much though, and sometimes I just laugh.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2011