What do you put in your meatloaf?

My husband is a pretty basic guy so how I make it for the family isn't really the way Id make it for just my tastes. I generally put in an egg, Italian crumbs or crumbled saltines, tomato sauce or ketchup if Im out, onion power, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper. Id like to put mushrooms and green peppers in it but no one would eat it but me!

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 10:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Food & Drink

• pretty much whatever strikes me.

I have to split it in half since SS and DD are picky. I put worschestershire sauce, steak sauce, graham crackers or saltines, salt pepper, mccormick meatloaf mix, onion, salsa instead of ketchup, dijon mustard, peppers. Really just about anything I feel like.
    I take half and put what I want and the other half, I leave out the stuff that DD and SS won't eat. Then it takes 25% less time to cook since it's 2 smaller loaves, they cook faster.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I put in seasoning, oats, and two eggs. Ketchup on the top.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i put vegetables in it. I dice them very small, so Dh and kids don't even notice! LOL. Also, some reciepts you can puree the vegetables and use that in place of other liquids!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I make my meatloaf with ground turkey instead of beef....it's more moist and a litttle healthier:)
    scnyuma

Answer by scnyuma at 10:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I like green peppers in it myself.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• All kinds of stuff. Sometimes even cheezits. Sounds weird but adds the salt and a very nice cheese flavor. You should try it.
    myheartflys

Answer by myheartflys at 10:18 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• 2 lbs of hamburger
    2 slices of bread
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup ketcup
    2 eggs
    onion
    meatloaf seosoning mix
    but the i make a glaze on top with brown sugar and ketcup and they kids love it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Use all the standards, eggs, oats, BBQ sauce, onion soup mix etc but I have been getting that ball mozzarella cheese and mixing that in, makes for tiny "cheese surprises".

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I buy a packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix and follow the directions on the back, its the onion soup pkt, ketchup egg, and bread crumbs. It's really good.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oatmeal, eggs, onion, garlic, ketchup, milk, seasoning, salt, pepper, and hamburger. Mixture of ketchup, mustard and brown sugar over the top.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2011