Postnatal secrets...

What is the best way to bounce back to your "before" body?
Anyone has any secret ingredients or to do's?
I know exersice is the best way, but i read that you cant exercise right away after giving birth...
I also heard about different firming creams and postnatal belts but do they work?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol Id love to hear these secrets as well but what I can tell you is even though we feel that drive to look like the smokin hottie we were prepregnancy we have to go easy on ourselves postpregnancy. I really wanted to jump back in to my hot jeans but then I got hit by ppd and my baby wont sleep for more than 2 hours at a time at 9 weeks old and I am an emotional eater and exhausted. I stuff my face with chocolate because it makes me feel good and I know I have a problem but thats the first step in recovery right LOL Anyways I know I would be miserable if I forced myself to lose that last 10 pounds so I just figure I will wait till things settle and I'm ready to be mean to myself. Right now truffles are my only friend LOL Dont be too sad if it doesnt come off right away
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i don't know about the diets but the postpartum belt definitely works
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Breast feeding helps you lose weight faster, it burns more calories and your uterus contracts which helps you get that pre-baby body back faster.. plus it releases natural endorphins that help you feel bonded with your baby and fight PPD. Kegals can help the bedroom and help you heal faster down there. Good luck!!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Kegels and exercise, mamma. Just wait til after your 6 weeks PP appointment. I started walking at about 2 weeks, and I felt great. Still hesitant to do any stomach crunches (I had a c-section).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i forgot serfyana made a great point brestfeeding burns mucho calories when i was nursing i dropped 11 pounds in 2 weeks. My mood was better to until we ran into serious hurdles and I just couldnt do it anymore and for me thats when the ppd kicked in. So give brestfeeding a try fo rthe numerous health benefits for you adn baby
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2008