Do you wish you Ex happiness, or do you hope that he'll be alone and miserable for the rest of his/her life?

I just read a post about a woman that was sad when she found out her Ex was getting marred and wondered if that was normal. She didn't want him anymore, so she wondered why she was sad.

Heck, I met my first love in France at the tender age of 11 (I was a early bloomer) and hadn't seen or heard of him in a LONG time. Then one day a friend request popped up from him on Facebook.
I saw the picture of his wife and and I swear my face got red with Jealousy.
Thinking things like well, I suppose she's pretty if you like those too thin dyed hair types. :(

My ex from my 20s is a complete freak and living in a less that desirable residence in the crack neighborhood of our hometown. Probably keeps him from walking too far to get his fix.

I don't wish bad things on anyone, but in the case of a ex that treated me badly, I can't say that I'm in a big boo hoo mode if their life is not great.
there. I've confessed.

I figure that there's a part of us that would be happier if the ex just did his job and spent their lives pining away for us, alone and wishing they had never been stupid enough to let us go. :) so how about you?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends on the ex. I wish them all happiness pretty much except the mentally abusive ex I wasted five years with.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I want to protect my karma so the x's I don't have good memories about I just say "I wish them all they deserve in life".

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My ex was abusive so I wish death upon him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I wish my ex's lives to have all the happiness and love they showed me.

Answer by gemgem at 10:34 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I don't have an ex. My DH was my first, and last :-)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• depends on the ex. I have some I still love and wish happiness for them, others I wish would die a horrible death.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I guess it would really depend on the ex.. Most of them I don't care either way, but one or two I really did hurt so I wish them happiness and love..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I dated my ex from 13-18 years old, so we sort of grew up together. He has a career and a cute little wife and I truly wish them the best.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I wish him happiness. I hope that he finds a woman who thrives on being told what to do. There are some that like that, I just wasn't one of them.

As for the other ex: I hope that he finds someone who will support his drug habit and doesn't mind him never working or driving since he doesn't have a license.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My ex makes his own misery... I don't wish him any ill because we share 2 wonderful little boys.... Honestly, it would be great if he met someone, and could focus some of his attention on her. I would be relieved, no where near jealous, or envious...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2011