Are all kids so hard on stuff??

To me it seems like we can't have anything nice around here cause the kids always seem to be break anything nice we have like just a little bit ago my 17 month old son got was in my daughters room and got ahold of her 40 dollar portable cd player and broke a piece in the cd player so it won't shut right.I'm hoping SO can fix it so it can close.But yeah my kids just seem good at breaking things,are all kids like this or just mine.

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 10:51 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Some don't do this, I taught mine when they were small that touching was a no no, and they kept their hands behind their backs when I told them to not touch.

Answer by older at 10:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Its all kids from my experience

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think older kids know how to treat their things but a 17 month old doesn't really know. My 16 month old can break anything that he comes in contact with. If my older son doesn't want his little brother to get his stuff, he knows to close his bedroom door.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think it depends on the kid and their personality. My dd's were not as hard on things as my boys were. My two older boys seemed to destroy everything. My youngest son was better with his things and other peoples things though. Id say its the childs temperament.

Answer by gemgem at 10:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• When they are small you somehow have to keep an eye on them constantly but at times you have to keep certain things you don’t want broken at arms length. At the same time teach them along the way of what to touch and not to touch. It’s all a learning process for them as well as for yourself as a mom. =]
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• A majority of kids are hard on things if they're allowed to be. You should really teach your kids how to properly take care of things. Otherwise they don't need to get anything at all. It's that simple in my house.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I gave up. When they move out I plan on painting and changing the whole decor. lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:19 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i hope they are all like that because i swear i think my two could tear up an anvil. I don't know who's worse my dd or ds.
    MomaWeeks

Answer by MomaWeeks at 2:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011