Did you know Cheney got indicted today?

I just came across this.
Cheney is charged with engaging in an organized criminal activity related to the vice president's investment in the Vanguard Group, which holds financial interests in the private prison companies running the federal detention centers. It accuses Cheney of a conflict of interest and "at least misdemeanor assaults" on detainees because of his link to the prison companies.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081119/ap_on_re_us/cheney_indicted

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 12:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am sure Democrats are loving this. Anchors at CNN and MSNBC are having orgasms over this news. We will see what happens even if convicted Obama will pardon him. They all do this for each other. So it is a waste of resources. Obama will pardon he will want the next President to do the same for him if he breaks the law.

stupid anon posters and their ridiculous prophecies make me laugh
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Nope. Hadn't heard.

In my local news, the Sheriff (well, ex-Sheriff) of a neighboring county was found guilty of like 7 counts of statutory rape.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• the sheriff? damn.. that's f... up.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I hadnt heard that either. That is really messed up about the sheriff.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 12:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Ahhh you must be in NC. That's all over the news down here.
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 12:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• ok, let me get this straight; he was indicted for engaging in criminal activity because he has INVESTMENTS in the Vanguard Group?@!??? WOW, now that's a stretch! I almost invested in the Vanguard group when I was looking into mutual funds for our investments, back about 4 years ago during the great Bush economy. It's hard to believe how far the economy has sunk in the past year...we were hit hard with our bonus, dividends and now our 401k losses. I WANT A BAILOUT. But this sounds too ridiculous, I wish those loonies would give it up on Cheney, for Gods sake. What a joke, if this is true. Thank God there's karma for all those creeps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I don't think you can influence federal contracts and/or use your power to stop an investigation in 2006 into abuses at one of the privately-run prisons. and if you do have the same influences as VP Cheney the i'm sorry about saying you don't.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Wow...no my news has more important things to talk about. You know the snow flurries that lasted 10 seconds. The fact that it's close to winter and cold outside...gee hmm it's Pennsylvania...oh and of course we have to show pictures of cute babies and puppies wearing Eagles gear.....

Yup that's right...my news channel reports nothing of real importance...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yup... Politicians on BOTH sides are slimy...They watch each others back and get a bonus when its all over.
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 9:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008