how can i get help for christmas for my daughter

i am a single mom trying to give my daughter a nice christmas

torismom750

Asked by torismom750 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• How old is she? I have loads of slightly used, very cute stuffed animals....PM me if you would like
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I don't know where you are from.. But, Sometimes the community you live in has resources. Here in our community it is called Christmas for kids... I shop and deliever for them. You can also call the Pulic aid office sometimes they have fund or know where you can go to get the help you need...
    momsboys4

Answer by momsboys4 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I've been hitting the thrift stores for Christmas finds. - I find wondeful picture books for my kids for .25 cents a piece. - You can get creative, buy a used doll and make an adopt the orphan dolly kit. - Make a dress up box with fun grown up clothes.- Games and puzzles are always great finds at thrift stores to.

Another thing I still sometimes do with my kids is make them gift certificates. I have a daughter who's love language is quality time. I make her certificates for like 2 hours of undivided attention to do an activity of her choice; she loves it!

It's really fun to be creative with gifts!

Your daughter will have a wonderful Christmas, that's obvious becasue you care so much about her. She is very lucky to have you for a Mom!

Blessings,
    Mother Duck MJ
    MotherDuckMJ

Answer by MotherDuckMJ at 1:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Salvation Army and toys for tots
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2008