Probably a stupid question...

It's a toilet you're not supposed Drano in right...not a shower. My shower is not draining, so the last couple of showers I've taken, by the end it looks like I'm standing in bath water. I just wanted to make sure it's ok to put the drano down the shower drain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• yes you can put drano in the shower.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i've done it for years. i might be wrong though. *shrug* i'll give you a bump. good luck!
    BrookeKRod

Answer by BrookeKRod at 11:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yes you put drano in the shower drain. Read the instructions because some are more concentrated and has special instructions.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• they say drano isn't good for your septic. you can go to the store and they have different brands purchase the one that says septic system safe. you can also buy a snake ( the tool) your drain is probably clogged by hair. or just call a plumber
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 11:26 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If your shower isnt' draining nothing will help - you need to unscrew the drain thing and pull out the massive wad of hair that's blocking it. I know for us DH has to do it twice a year. Drano won't dissolve a hair wad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It's not hair.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i've always been told not to pour that kind of stuff down the drain bc if it doesn't work then a plumber (or dh) can have all those chemicals splash back in their face as they are trying to fix it.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have always done it as well. Give it a few minutes and then rinse
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• go right ahead..we do it for ours here
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2011