Anyone got any ideas to do for spring break fun if weather permits?

I am trying to think of things i can do outside at home since i do not have a vehicle for Spring break fun for my girls. I know they want to run and play weather permitting and climb trees. but i am thinking maybe water painting. and planting seeds etc but i want to make it fun for them. they are 8 and 10 years old.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I dont know how old they are but what about introducing roller skates? If not bikes? I take mine around the block bike riding and just walking and they have fun. We also make our own chalk and chalk up the road in front of the house. You can also of course do gardening and maybe pick up some flowering plants already in bloom along with the seeds.

Answer by gemgem at 11:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• How warm is it where you are. Chalk painting would be fun too. Crayola makes one in 3D colors that come with little goggles you wear to see them in 3D that my kids got a kick out of. You can also do scavenger hunts, out door picnics for lunch which kids seem to love even if just in the backyard. Could also teach them or learn some yoga together!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• water painting is fun, so is planting a garden . you can have picnics outside. let them run through the sprinkler (if you have one)they can also do the fun things they like to do.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 11:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I agree picnics are always fun. We have them everyday in the summer as long as it doesnt rain.

Answer by gemgem at 11:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We cleaned the outside of the vinyl siding and all the plastic outdoor toys one year and had a ball. Do they still enjoy the sand box? My oldest is 10 but he still plays the same stuff his younger sister 7 and 2 do. Also just reading outside can be fun, too. Esp if you have hammocks or lounge chairs etc.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Work in my gardens. I had a bad back last year, and was recouperation from back surgery, so last spring was a blurr. My kids are grown, so I don't need to really think about spring break w/kids anymore.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• we live in the country and not much places to skate i wish there was i loved it as a kid. the girls will be getting their bikes out to i am sure, they go on Spring break the second week of March so we are hoping for warm weather.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• sleep
    myheartflys

Answer by myheartflys at 4:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011