Why is it so hard to meet other moms or any other female friends?

I've tried the site meetup.com, but never really had any luck with it so I deleted my account. Every time I searched for groups, it never seemed to have anything that I was interested in joining. Are there any sites that are similar to meetup.com where I can meet all types of people to become friends with. I want to meet some other moms and also some female friends who don't have kids so that we can discuss other things too.

cocobrown28

Asked by cocobrown28 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I met most of my friends at the park when the kids were small, and then at school events, or after school events. Once I met some moms I had something in common with most of them did have friends with and without kids so my group of friends grew that way.

Answer by gemgem at 11:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You can join MOMSclub in your area. They have meetings, playgroups and clubs for moms. Mine had Healthy Living (sort of a potluck bring your recipes to share) bookclub (hardly anyone read the book though but the hostess made a light lunch and it was fun) park days, field trips and a MOMS Night Out. I sort of grew out of it but it was a lifesaver at one time.

There are some local groups on here, too.

I also find just hanging out at the park and McDs and BK playlands I meet other moms even if just to talk to for the day.

Other females no kids friends, wow I don't know except maybe a book club at your library ? I bet they actually read the book though LOL and no eating if they meet there!

The only other thing I can't think is Jazzercise maybe?

Sorry these are all destination type answers and not online. :( try googling your city and moms groups. Also call the county health depart and ask for resources for moms
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• join a church or other interest group.....go to community functions and meet your neighbors
    scnyuma

Answer by scnyuma at 11:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• oh Weight Watchers too! ha ha ha I met a lot of women there!!!!!!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I found that online sites, like this one, have been fabulous for connecting with Moms and creating a support network but they are not part of my day to day life. The majority of our friends have been met through 2 venues and both were free. Our local library runs children's programs for newborns to tweens. There are also free children's concerts at our local indoor market 2 times per week. Other places that we get to are children's centres, YMCA programs and the park. Generally, it's easy to start a conversation when you have an activity and little person in common with someone else. Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 11:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oh I know! I am a sahm in a new city. My son is too young for school. I feel like I just have to wait for school to start to meet people. Good luck.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• "KNOCK, AND IT SHALL BE OPENED, SEEK, AND YA SHALL FIND".
    We can find friends EVERYWHERE ! Especially in places with kids' activities, nursery, the library etc.

When we sympathize with people around us, when we put ourselves in their position, it is easier to feel familiar,
    and become friends.

I can understand you, as I've recently relocated, and I'm looking for friends, just like you.
    CAFEMOM ladies are great friends to me: when I feel lonely, I ask a question and in less than a minute
    I get at least one response. This is GREAT !

lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• because most moms are too busy and some find it hard to find someone who can relate to what they are going through. I dont have many friends but i would like more just dnt know how to find them
    d22yvonne

Answer by d22yvonne at 11:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I've never been popular or social, so I never really had a lot of friends anyway, but I do want to start meeting new people because not having a social life is lonely.
    cocobrown28

Comment by cocobrown28 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Well, for me - it's because I live in BFE and don't get along with most females.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011