Who is celebrating?

Presidents Day? Is Obama worthy of it?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Every President is worthy one way or another.

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Who celebrates Presidents Day?

We don't celebrate. Just another day.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• IDK what my kids are learning today in school, but they have to be there to make up for 'cold day' when we were supposed to get snow. Didn't end up working out that way, but they get to make the day up on a federal holiday. I sure hope the school is maximizing the learning opportunity for them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Presidents Day isnt for Obama. It is for Washingstons bday. But no we arent celebrating. The kids have school.

Answer by gemgem at 11:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Mine are there too quinn
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My kids are at school and we arent making up a day. We take presidents day holiday at the end of our Mardi Gras holiday :) It's supposed to celebrate George Washington's birthday isnt it? I dont know what the kids are learning but since I had to teach them what MOST of the holidays were for at home anyway (including the governors election) I doubt they will this.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We are taking our girls to cross country ski near Hatchers Pass today to hopefully (clouds willing) to see Mt Mckinley... When we took them to the base of Denali/McKinley to camp/hike the lower portion of it this summer~ it was for the land and science... This time it will be to discuss how politics/Presidents play into our nation's history...

As for Obama...... He, as President, has played an important part in our nation's current state... We can't ignore it... Good and Bad, we need to recognize the good and bad of Presidents... jmo.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• BTW, no "snow or cold days" in Alaska... LOL.. We had 2 ice days in Nov because it was freezing rain while kids were on their way to school and nearly half of the busses were either late, stuck, or crashed... So, they hesitantly closed schools the next two days of the rare 3 day ice storm...  After living in Virginia and Ohio~ my girls miss Snow days... LOL...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No school for us here in PA....also no "celebrating," we already own newer cars!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We homeschool and although we mentioned Presidents Day this morning, we aren't "celebrating" it in anyway. I'm actually bummed that the mail isn't running today because I'm expecting a package.

My husband gets paid double time and a half for working today, since it's a holiday, so I'm happy about that!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2011