Have you ever had a long distance friendship that worked out well?

cocobrown28

Asked by cocobrown28 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, sometimes its easier not to feel judged or get annoyed with people you aren't interacting with in real life. Also its easier to be honest about things that really bother you emotionally you aren't comfortable talking about in real life.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• yes, tons. You just have to keep in touch with each other, it's not hard.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yes, a couple! I moved a few years ago leaving all of my friends behind. We are a 7 or 8 hour drive away from each other. Two of the women I was friends with have remained close. Over the years the frequency of our phone calls have decreased, but the quality hasn't changed. They are still two of my best friends. Another women I developed a long distance friendship with many years ago through business trips and such and now she is my best friend. She lives about 12-14 hours away and we see each other only once a year, or sometimes less. We remain very close.

Sometimes I think the quality of those friendships is actually better because we don't have the luxury of letting petty things bother us. We don't get sick of each other, and every conversation of visit is special and to be treasured. I'm an only child and those three women are almost like the sisters I didn't have growing up.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Plenty! I still keep in touch with two of my very best friends from when I lived in California. We talk all the time! I also have a few that I've never even met but still consider great friends.
    MissTyff

Answer by MissTyff at 11:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Friendship? Sure. Loads.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• YES. Emails, SMSs and Skype can offer you instant, free, daily communication.
    Many of my friendships are long distance.

IF YOU AGREE AND FEEL AFFECTION FOR SOME PEOPLE,
    THIS LOVE, THESE FEELINGS CAN NEVER FADE AWAY.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My bestfriend lives in PA, I live in WA
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Since college all of my best friends are spread all over the country for their jobs. I have maintained solid friendships with them. Of course I wish I could actually see them but it is what it is and it works if both parties care to stay friends.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• All my friendships/acquaintanceships are long distance. Most of them are better that way.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I had a long distance relationship with my husband when we were dating. He was in VA and I was in SC. We've been married for 15 years so I'd say it worked out!!

One of my best friends in the world moved from PA to NC a few months ago. We still keep in touch by FB and phone calls but it's not the same as sitting with her in church and going shopping at thrift stores together. I miss her :(
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011