tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What a bunch of snot nose brats

Answer by gemgem at 11:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• NewestOldestSorry, there is no proof. If it happened, it was incredibly isolated. Sorry. There just is no proof and these clashes or supposed clashes between war protesters and returning vets were heavily covered in the media.

Answer by adnilm an hour ago

"Proof in the media" or not, I LIVE with walking, breathing, living, NOT LYING proof! Honestly, if you sat down,and talked to him,or any Vietnam vets, you'd change your tune very quickly. The MSM isn't going to broadcast anything that paints a liberal in a bad light. If they did, we'd have the proof positive about Barry we all know is true,but they won't show.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Disgusting! 

throwing up

But what do you expect from a bunch pf progressives and pacifists?!  Ugh.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:57 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Bethsunshine... I agree with you. If these kids (who have NO idea what the enemy is like) think they can "talk it over" with those we're at war with, then I would just love to see them try. I say "Go for it. Ya'll know so much more than the rest of us. Why don't you, and president Obama, and vice president Biden all go over there and sit down for peace talks." I would really be interested in that outcome.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I understand the protesters being upset about the rampant sexual abuse of women in the military, the sense that they "prey" on the poor community...and the issues with DADT...However, this is a soldier, one soldier..a brave soldier that fought in a war that he did not start, he followed his orders,,,why boo or yell at him?

It was disrespectful and pretty disgusting...if any of them were my kids they would get a smack in the mouth and I would drag them to this mans front door to apologize...and NO I wouldn't care that they were over 18

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Fox just played some audio....It's so sad. You can tell he is nervous. I dont how many of you read the article but the man was shot ELEVEN TIMES. He lost a LEG and was in rehab for TWO YEARS. He JUST wanted to give his opinion and these jackass kids wouldn't give him enough respect to allow him his say. But you can bet you butt he sat there quietly and respectfully allowed them theirs!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think I've shared this story before. My DH is a Veitnam Vet. When he came home, he decided to use his GI bill to attend Texas Tech, since he was from Lubbock. His first day of class, he was in a large room with several people. The prof. walked in, and asked how many of them were vets. DH and he said about 20 others raised their hands. The prof. asked how many were in 'Nam? Once again, DH and the same all raised their hands. The prof. told them "don't bother coming back to class, because you all automatically flunk!" Of course, that's illegal,and a violation of their civil rights. How did he get away with it? He had tenure, and knew he could. DH and the others were put into another class. Makes me sick,though that they fought for that idiot's right to treat them like something on the bottom of his shoe!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• There is no substantive proof that anyone vets were ever spat on.
    Having said that, that sort of behavior is repugnant and juvenile

Answer by adnilm 45 minutes ago

Really? Hm....sit down and talk to my DH! He can give you many "substantive" proof of incidents he and others were indeed spat upon, called "baby killers", and ostracized. Just because the MSM never broadcast it doesn't for a second mean it never happened.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• And, I'm sorry again, adnil,but it's far from "political spin." It is the truth,and I don't care who you talked to, or where you worked. I know the facts, I've lived with them for 22 years, like it or not, it's the truth. Guess what? Yeah,there WAS a time this country WASN'T appreciative of it's troops. So, next time, be sure you know what you are talking about before you go spouting venom. K? Good!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

My brother was spat on and adn, you are full of progressive shit.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2011