I just had an iud put in today now i have a crusty substance coming out. she did have to stop some bleeding after she put it in what is this stuff?

lesliebabl

Asked by lesliebabl at 12:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Health

• it could possibly be the lubrication the dr used when she put the iud in. (?) is it clear, yellow, red? if its reddish color or rust color, its probably a little blood left over. i wouldnt worry too much about it. (but it still helps to know what that stuff is!)
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It is brown so it is most likely old blood but the consistancy bothers me it is like dirt so I think I will call her today and find out what's up. Thanks for your answer
    lesliebabl

Answer by lesliebabl at 8:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• she probably used some stuff that looks brownish yellow to stop the bleeding. the name of it is monsel's. it can dry up along with the blood and come out crusty.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 10:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I got my IUD a month ago and had the same thing happen. They said it was most likely the cleanser (it is brown/orange in color) they use to sterilize things before insertion and after a couple days it stopped.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 1:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008