Baby Acne...

My DS has it really bad!! What do I do for it!?

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just leave it alone. It will clear up on it's own. The worst thing you could do is mess with it, because then it can get inflamed and scar. Just be gentle and let it clear.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Lotions at all? What should I be washing him with?
    nat1387

Comment by nat1387 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Wash Aveeno. I also pat my son's face with warm chamomile tea. It helps soothe the itching and I see a difference after a few days.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• ignore it theres nothing you can do and the skin is so sensitive. itll pass with time.
    pagwife55

Answer by pagwife55 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Honestly I wouldn't wash with anything more than a warm wet washcloth VERY gently. You don't want to irritate the little pimples or they will take longer to go away and do not try to pop them. They usually don't last long. Unless the skin is really dry then I wouldn't put anything on it all. If it is dry I would put just a dab of Cetaphil lotion on.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2011